Welcoming Guests Back with Our Commitment to Health & Sanitation
In accordance with the Duval County Executive Order, all guests and team members are required to wear masks throughout the property including lobby areas and restaurants. Guests may remove masks while actively engaging in eating or drinking or when swimming in the pool or the ocean. Our team will request that guests place a mask on whenever necessary and service may not be rendered to anyone who does not comply. Masks are not required to be worn in the guestrooms.
Fostering a shared responsibility for the well- being of our staff, guests and community is part of our hotel’s and the Margaritaville brand’s guiding principles. As we welcome guests and team members to our hotel and restaurants, we stand committed to our passion of creating and delivering fun and escapism, in a safe, comfortable environment.
Our hotel’s precautionary standards have been carefully developed based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the National Restaurant Association (NRA) and American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA).
Health & Sanitation Protocols Q&A
AM I REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHILE AT THE HOTEL?
Yes. In accordance with the Duval County Executive Order, all guests and team members are required to wear masks throughout the property including lobby areas, restaurants, pool decks, beach, and outdoor common areas. Guests may remove masks while actively engaging in eating or drinking or when swimming in the pool or the ocean. Our team will request that guests place a mask on whenever necessary and service may not be rendered to anyone who does not comply. Masks are not required to be worn in the guestrooms.
HOW IS SOCIAL DISTANCING BEING ENFORCED?
Guests are encouraged to enjoy the outdoor spaces our hotel is known for, whether by the ocean, poolside or other scenic areas. We have created additional outdoor seating in restaurant venues; while indoor spaces and common areas have been reconfigured, floor clings and social distancing markers have been placed throughout the hotel to support distancing with ease.
Dining area seating has been reduced and restaurant tables are separated by six feet. Hand sanitizer stations are available for all team members and guests throughout the property. Pool lounge chairs are limited and separated by six feet. The hotel is requiring a minimum of six feet between any groups of people in all public areas. Plexiglass partitions are installed at the front desk and ordering areas for dining venues, for guest and team member safety.
WHAT AREAS OF THE HOTEL ARE PRESENTLY OPEN? (once the hotel itself officially opens!)
As we continue to open areas of our hotel, we will post them here so you may best prepare for your visit.
- LandShark Bar & Grill | Daily, 11AM – 9PM
- LandShark Lookout | Sun-Thu, 11AM to 12PM • Fri-Sat, 11AM to 1AM
- Joe Merchant’s Coffee and Provisions | Sun -Thu, 6:30AM to 11PM • Fri-Sat, 6:30AM to 12AM.
- Fins Up! Fitness Center – Open Daily, 24hrs
WHAT SANITATION PROCEDURES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED AT THE HOTEL’S RESTAURANTS?
Cleanliness is top of mind for the team at our hotel. All venues are continuously cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing using COVID-19 approved products. Every surface in all common areas are disinfected after each use. Kitchens receive a daily deep cleaning. Single-use menus and digital menus are all available in our restaurants. Table separation is increased to six feet, and our hosts are managing the number of guests arriving in order to seat according to social distancing.
WHAT ARE THE HOTEL’S ROOM CLEANLINESS PRACTICES?
Providing a clean, disinfected and sanitized room to every guest, every time remains paramount to our ongoing room service. To ensure we are keeping every room sterile and safe for every arrival, we have implemented the following changes:
- Increased sanitation efforts include the use of disinfectant products approved by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) specifically for use against emerging viral pathogens for ongoing cleaning of guest rooms. Increased attention is being paid in particular regard to high-touch areas throughout the hotel including our guest rooms.
- Due to local government mandates, stayover room services are temporarily suspended. Towels / linen / shower amenities will be placed at your guestroom door upon request.
- Glassware in rooms is now replaced with disposable cups.
- Other small changes may be implemented to minimize high-touch items from display within guestrooms.
WHAT ARE THE FRONT DESK SANITATION PROTOCOLS?
All front desk areas are frequently sanitized. Partitions are installed for the well-being of guests and team members. Masks are required when checking-in and walking through the lobby.
ARE THERE HAND SANITIZERS IN PUBLIC AREAS?
Hand sanitizing stations are installed throughout the hotel for the added health and safety of all guests and team members.
IS THE HOTEL ACTIVELY ENFORCING PPE AND SANITATION MEASURES FOR ITS GUESTS?
Our hotel has a designated Health & Sanitation Lead, responsible for implementing and enforcing standards across all latitudes.
WHAT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES ARE EXPECTED OF US DURING OUR VISIT TO THE HOTEL?
Thank you for helping us to inhibit the spread of respiratory viruses by:
- Complying with the Duval County Executive Order and wearing face masks in all common / shared areas.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding close contact with people, keeping at least six feet apart
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- If you are feeling ill, kindly contacting the front desk or guest services as soon as possible
WHAT ARE TEAM MEMBERS DOING TO ENSURE HEALTH AND SAFETY AT THE HOTEL?
All team members received comprehensive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols. Appropriate PPE is worn by all team members based on their roles and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE is mandatory. Every team member entering the hotel will be required to wear a mask while on property.
All team members receive a wellness check when reporting into work each day, as determined by federal and state guidelines. Any team member showing symptoms of COVID-19 is sent home and welcomed back when it is safe for them to return, as deemed by a medical professional.
While at work, team members are required to wash hands at least once every 60 minutes.
WHO AT THE HOTEL SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
For any additional information prior to your visit, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or by calling +1 904-222-0222.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT COVID-19?
For the most up-to-date information, we encourage you to visit following websites:
Centers for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/ncov
World Health Organization: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019