Spring Fun in Pigeon Forge: Top Events & Activities in the Smokies
It’s always a good time to visit Pigeon Forge, but there’s something especially vibrant about spring getaways in the Smoky Mountains. With fewer crowds, comfortable weather and lively events abound, it’s one of the best times to plan your escape to our laid-back oasis. Whether you prefer to explore the great outdoors, admire vintage cars or fly high on amusement rides, embrace the season with our list of top things to do in Pigeon Forge in spring!
Can’t-Miss Amusements & Entertainments
Take advantage of fewer crowds in spring with visits to some of Pigeon Forge’s most iconic attractions—a staple for any spring break vacation! Set aside a day or two to visit one-of-a-kind theme parks, including SkyFly: Soar America, Dollywood and The Island. Visitors of all ages will find nostalgic joy in the variety of rides, games and activities available.
When the sun sets, keep the fun going after dark. Pigeon Forge is known for its exciting dinner shows featuring local Southern cuisine and delightful entertainment ranging from action-packed stunts to musical comedy.
Spring Activities in the Smoky Mountains
If you’re drawn by the natural beauty of the Smoky Mountains, spring offers plenty of seasonal adventures you won’t want to miss. A crowd favorite, see spring wildflowers like trillium and violets bloom in the Smokies. Take a trip to Great Smoky Mountains National Park—just 20 minutes from our Pigeon Forge hotel—to view these colorful ephemerals, which only flower in late winter through early spring. Choose wildflower hiking trails that are lower in elevation to avoid any unpredictable spring weather.
For the anglers, March through May are considered some of the best times to fish for trout. Cast a line in the Little River, Middle Prong or West Prong—all offering excellent fly fishing near Pigeon Forge.
While wildflower hikes and fly fishing offer serene experiences in the Smokies, opt for fast-paced family fun in Pigeon Forge on an alpine coaster! Check out the Lost Mine Mountain Coaster or the Rocky Top Mountain Coaster for the perfect mix of thrill and chill.
Events & Things to Do in Pigeon Forge in March
If you’re planning a trip at the beginning of the season, prepare for cooler spring weather and make sure to add these top things to do in Pigeon Forge in March to your vacation bucket list!
- Dollywood Opening Day: The dazzling theme park opens for the season each year in early March. It’s a must-visit time for passholders, who enjoy exclusive preview day access!
- Ponies in the Smokies: Car enthusiasts travel far and wide for the car shows hosted in Pigeon Forge. Don’t miss out on this celebration of the Ford Mustang every March, spread out over more than 100,000 square feet of event space.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festivities: Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day with green-themed festivities at The Island at Pigeon Forge or walk through a record-breaking display of green lights at the SkyBridge near Gatlinburg.
Events & Things to Do in Pigeon Forge in April
Pigeon Forge in April signals the beginning of warmer weather and new spring events every week. Plan your visit around these annual events for even more action-packed fun.
- Spring Rod Run: Every April, visitors flock to Pigeon Forge for the area’s largest automotive event. Over the course of three days, the Spring Rod Run features a swap meet, car shows, giveaways and awards.
- Dollywood Flower & Food Festival: Dollywood puts its own twist on spring festivities with its annual Flower & Food Festival. Between April and June, experience more than a million spring blooms, seasonal sculptures and lively performances throughout the theme park.
- Music in the Mountains Spring Parade: Celebrating the musical history of Pigeon Forge, this annual spring parade (formerly known as the Dolly Parade) puts a spotlight on local theaters and entertainers each April.
- Tennessee Smokies Opening Day: April kicks off the season for the Tennessee Smokies, a Minor League Baseball team based in Kodak—just north of Pigeon Forge. Check out a game and soak up the warm spring sunshine.
Events & Things to Do in Pigeon Forge in May
In addition to gorgeous wildflower hikes and visiting local attractions, check out these seasonal spring happenings while exploring Pigeon Forge in May.
- Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage: Learn more about the diverse flora and fauna of the Smoky Mountains during the annual Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage. This longstanding event takes place at the end of April or beginning of May and consists of educational activities including guided walks, exhibits and workshops.
- Grand National F-100 Show: May in Pigeon Forge is also known for the Grand National F-100 Show, a three-day car show celebrating the iconic Ford pick-up truck. Taking place at LeConte Center at Pigeon Forge, the event agenda includes a swap meet, awards, vendors and more.
- Memorial Day Festivities: Visit Pigeon Forge over Memorial Day weekend for a variety of family-friendly happenings, holiday discounts and live entertainment taking place at local museums and amusement parks, including The Island at Pigeon Forge.
Book Your Spring Vacation in Pigeon Forge
With no shortage of things to do in Pigeon Forge in springtime, it’s time to plan your fun-filled escape. Book the perfect home base—complimentary breakfast included!—for an unforgettable spring vacation at Margaritaville Island Inn Pigeon Forge. Your very own paradise in the Smokies awaits!