Notice at Collection
for California Residents
Last Updated: September 11, 2023.
You may download a PDF copy by clicking here.
This Notice at Collection describes how Margaritaville Enterprises LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Margaritaville”) collects, uses, shares, and retains information that relates to California residents (“personal information”) that we collect both online and offline, including in connection with the services we provide, the websites, mobile applications, and digital communications (such as emails) that link to this Notice at Collection (collectively, our “Services”).
Margaritaville is a franchise and license system in a hospitality and retail network comprised primarily of franchised and licensed branded lodging properties such as hotels, resorts and residential communities, entertainment establishments and restaurants under Margaritaville’s portfolio of trademarks. Margaritaville franchisees and licensees own and operate individual lodging properties such as hotels, resorts and residential communities, entertainment establishments and restaurants and may engage in certain business practices, such as operating and maintaining separate social media accounts and websites that use the “Margaritaville” name or other trademarks owned by Margaritaville (e.g., “Compass”, “Latitude”, “LandShark”), which are not controlled or managed by us. Margaritaville franchisees and licensees are independent third parties, not owned or controlled by Margaritaville, and this Notice at Collection does not apply to the information practices of any Margaritaville franchisee or licensee, including with respect to those websites that use the “Margaritaville” name or other trademarks owned by Margaritaville but that are controlled by a franchisee or licensee. Questions, comments or any requests regarding any of the franchisee or licensee owned properties should be directed to the applicable franchisee or licensee owner and operator.
1. Personal Information We Collect
Margaritaville may collect the following types of personal information:
1.1 Identifiers, such as your first and last name, email address, address, phone number, birthday, and links to your social media accounts.
1.2 Demographic information, such as your age (so that we can ensure you are the appropriate legal age to receive communications from us) and gender (to allow us to better communicate with you).
1.3 Device Information, including information about your browsing activity, IP address, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. We may also collect information about when and how you access and use our websites and applications, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites visited before and after visiting our websites, how you navigate and what you search for on the websites or apps, the pages visited on the websites, the types of content you interact with, and the frequency and durations of your activities
1.4 Commercial Information, such as record of services you obtained from us, including on behalf of an organization you are affiliated with.
1.5 Professional and educational information, such as information you provide to participate in Margaritaville University, such as your work history, employment status, and education information.
1.6 Preferences, such as when you contact us about an event, we may collect your preferred data and time. We may also collect information about your hotel stay preferences to offer a more personal service during future stays.
1.7 User Content you post or make available online, such as your social media posts, reviews, or publications.
1.8 Financial data, such as the form of payment you may use when dining at one of our restaurants.
1.9 Inferences drawn from other personal information we collect about you that may relate to your preferences or other matters.
1.10 Sensitive personal information, which is a defined term under applicable law and would cover our collection of information pertaining to whether a guest requires a wheelchair accessible table.
1.11 Geolocation information, such as the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet.
2. – Information We May Generate or Collect Automatically
3. How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including to conduct our business, provide you with the best products, services, and experiences possible, and for purposes that may be disclosed to you at the time you provide your personal information.
We use the personal information we collect for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including:
- To carry out our business and provide services, including to fulfill contractual obligations to you or anyone you involve as part of making your travel and reservation arrangements.
- To personalize your experience with us, including to remember your interests and preferences to improve your future stays.
- To provide you with customer support, including at Margaritaville locations, on our website, applications, and in connection with our loyalty program.
- To run our online message boards or online public forums.
- To operate our customer relations management and reservation services.
- To administer programs such as Margaritaville University.
- To communicate with you, including to respond or notify you when you reach out to us with a comment, request, or question; enter a contest or sweepstakes, or complete a survey; or otherwise to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other administrative messages.
- For research and development purposes, including to evaluate new products or services or improve existing products or services; for research and analytical purposes, including to understand how you use our Services, the methods you use to access our Services, conduct customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, and to measure interest and engagement in the Services.
- For marketing and advertisement purposes, including to send you marketing and advertising communications relating to the Services, and the similar products and services of our joint venturers, franchisees, and licensees. These marketing and advertising communications may be tailored to your interests or more general in nature.
- To administer our sweepstakes and contests including to notify you if you are the winner.
- To administer our loyalty programs, including to enroll new members and manage existing loyalty programs.
- For legal, fraud prevention, and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, you, our customers, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; maintain the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; enforcement our agreements and policies; address legal and regulatory compliance; prevent, identify, and investigate potential or actual illegal activity; or notify you of any other legal or safety issues.
- For other business purposes, including to operate and improve our business and business activities, for research, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; to understand your satisfaction with our products and services including our websites and apps; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our Services; in connection with business transfers; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
- For purposes that you have otherwise consented to.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in our Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Please note that in many situations we must retain all, or a portion, of your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, to protect against fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
5. Opting Out of the Selling or Sharing of Your Personal Information
Our use of Collection Technologies may be considered a “sale” or “share” under California law. The list below summaries the categories of Personal Information that we may sell or share through such technologies. We do not sell or share your Personal Information in any other context.
- Device and Internet Browsing Activity
- Geolocation Information
You can learn how to opt out of the selling or sharing of your personal information by visiting our Notice of Right to Opt Out.