We've Got Answers
Have any questions about Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau? Check out our most frequently asked questions below, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Health & Sanitation Protocols
What can I expect when traveling to The Bahamas regarding COVID requirements?
Visitors, returning citizens, and residents traveling to The Bahamas who are fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period are exempt from COVID-19 testing requirements for entry. Travelers are still required to obtain a Bahamas Health Visa.
For unvaccinated travelers, The Bahamian government requires proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test at least five days before traveling to The Bahamas, as well as a Bahamas Health Visa.
What are general COVID-19 related requirements in The Bahamas?
The government requires all citizens and visitors wear face coverings in public spaces and practice social distancing. Frequent hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged.
What sanitary and safety measures will be in place at the resort?
Our Commitment to Your Wellbeing enhances hygiene and sanitization practices across Margaritaville Beach Resort. These protocols exceed recommendations of The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and go above and beyond Margaritaville’s already rigorous standards. Guests can expect enhanced housekeeping and engineering, heightened food safety and digital ordering, touchless payments, and additional technology methods that allow for contactless interactions from the moment guests check in.
Are guests required to undergo testing upon arrival at Margaritaville Beach Resort?
Margaritaville Beach Resort guests who have been vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period are exempt from COVID-19 testing when checking in. Guests must present a negative rapid antigen test or proof of vaccination in order to check in the resort. Non-vaccinated guests must provide proper COVID negative tests according to the Bahamian Health protocol.
What is the protocol if a guest tests positive?
We will allow the guest to quarantine “on property” and will extend a discount of 50% for the remainder of your stay (for all Rooms in the party). We will treat this on a “case by case” scenario and take great care of the guests, as you would expect.
Can guests get tested on property?
Guests must have a negative COVID test within the past 5 days or proof of full vaccination in order to check into the resort. If you are an international guest and will need to be tested on the 5th day for your travel visa, we can arrange for the tests to be done at the resort. This can also be arranged at check-in. There is no cost for this enhanced service.
What is your cancellation policy now with COVID?
We have adjusted our cancellation policy to be up until “day of arrival” with no penalty, regardless of reason. Any deposits will be returned in full.
What are the procedures at the gym regarding health and safety protocols?
- All guests will be required to wear masks except when actively working out in the designated marked zones.
- Capacity within the gym facility will be reduced to allow for social distancing and guests will be granted access on a first come, first-served basis.
- Guests are encouraged to disinfect the equipment before and after use.
- Margaritaville Beach Resort will provide antibacterial wipes, as well as towels, for your convenience.
Will non-hotel guests be allowed to visit the property?
Margaritaville Beach Resort welcomes non-hotel guests. Non-hotel guests who have been vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period are exempt from COVID-19 testing when visiting the property. For unvaccinated non-hotel guests, Margaritaville Beach Resort requires proof of a negative COVID -19 rapid antigen test taken within 5 days.
Where in The Bahamas are you located?
New Providence Island is located in the sparkling waters just 180 miles southeast of Florida, centrally placed among the 700 unique and beautiful islands of The Bahamas. The island is home to the capital city of Nassau and recognized as the heart of Bahamian culture and commerce. With Margaritaville Beach Resort just a 20-minute drive from Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport, your Bahamas vacation can start as soon as you arrive.
How do I get to The Bahamas?
The Bahamas is accessible by air or sea at all times of the year. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from the Lynden Pindling International Airport, the country’s largest airport located in the capital city of Nassau.
What type of travel documents do I need?
All adults and children must have a valid passport to travel to The Bahamas.
What language is spoken in The Bahamas?
The official language of The Bahamas is English.
What are some tips for traveling internationally?
Both US and Bahamas Immigration Laws require all travelers to have a valid passport.
Take the following steps to make the most of your credit card(s) while traveling to the Bahamas:
- Notify all of your issuing banks you’ll be traveling to the Bahamas and the dates you’ll be traveling on before you leave to ensure access to your funds.
- Check with your issuing banks to see whether your ATM or Credit card is subject to daily spending or withdrawal restrictions while abroad.
- Be sure you know your PIN for your debt or credit cards so you can get local currency from ATMs worldwide.
Can I use my cell phone in The Bahamas?
We recommend you contact your cellular provider for rates that may apply while traveling and your options for international calling plans, in advance of your arrival to avoid excessive charges.
Do I need an electricity adapter?
Our electricity is standard US, 120 volt AC, 60 hz. American electronics and appliances will work just fine.
How do I book transportation to Margaritaville Beach Resort?
What is the hotel address?
Two Bay Street, Nassau, N.P, The Bahamas
How old do I have to be to drink alcohol at Margaritaville Beach Resort?
Guests must be 18 years old in order to drink alcoholic beverages at Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau.
What is the dress attire at the resort?
Resort and sport attire is appropriate during the day. Shoes and cover-ups are required in the lobbies and indoor public spaces. At the pool swim suites, pool attire and similar apparel are permitted.
What forms of payment are accepted at the Resorts?
CASH FREE - Please note that this hotel only accepts credit cards, debit cards and, where applicable, other contactless forms of payment. It is a cash-free environment.
Do your guestrooms have irons, ironing boards, hairdryers, coffee makers and in-room safety deposit boxes?
Yes! All of our guestrooms offer a variety of essential in-room amenities including irons, ironing boards, hairdryers, coffee makers, and in-room safety deposit boxes.
Do you have a gym, and is there a charge to use it?
Fitness center offers cardio & weight equipment to guests. There is no fee for guests to use the fitness facility. (admission is included in the daily resort fee)
How do I make a spa/salon reservation?
Please contact our hotel concierge to assist you with making a booking. St. Somewhere Spa is excited to announce its opening in August 2021.
How do I plan an event at the Resort?
Please contact our resort sales team at Sales@margaritavilleresortnassau.com
How can I order a special amenity for a hotel guest?
Please contact our hotel concierge for more details.
Does the Resort offer children's activities?
Yes, would anticipate the opening of the Parakeets Kids Club to open in August 2021. We will provide further details as we get closer to opening.
Does Margaritaville Beach Resort offer day passes?
How old do I have to be to book a room?
Guests must be 21 years old in order to book a reservation and must be present at check-in with a verifiable form of identification.
What time is check-in and checkout time?
Check-in is at 4pm and checkout is at 11am (Eastern Standard Time). If leaving after checkout time, please let us know 24 hours in advance.
How do I request an early check-in or late checkout?
Based on availability guests can request an early check-in or late check-out. Please note a fee may apply. Contact the hotel’s front desk for further details.
What is the resort fee and what other taxes apply?
- Daily 12% Value Added Tax on all goods
- $15 Mandatory Service Charge
- Daily Resort Fee of $50 applies to each room and is subject to 12% VAT. Resort Fee is non-negotiable and includes:
- Access to Fins Up Waterpark (including Climbing Wall)
- Enhanced Wi-Fi
- Non-Motorized Watersports
- 24-Hour Access to Fitness Center
- Access to Entertainment Center
- In Room Coffee & Bottled Water
- Live Entertainment
- Beach Amenities
- On Property Excursion Desk
- Parakeet’s Kids Club
Do you allow pets?
We are happy to welcome your traveling canine companions. To participate in the pet program, please inform the resort you’ll have a pet (or pets) staying with you at least three days in advance of your arrival. Only dogs that are house broken and do not exceed 50 pounds or two dogs under a combined weight of 75 pounds are permitted. Two dogs per guest room or suite.
To ensure a comfortable visit for all, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- A one-time mandatory cleaning fee of $250 is assessed during a 1- 6 night stay.
- A one-time mandatory cleaning fee of $300 is assessed during a stay of 7 nights or more.
- In addition, a credit card must be presented at the time of check in to guarantee against any damages or soiled carpets/soft goods in the room. Damages to the room will be billed on a case-by-case basis.
- Owner will provide a cell phone number in order to locate guest in event of an emergency. Under extreme circumstances a dog may be moved to a kennel.
- Dogs must be settled by 9:30pm.
- We regret that pets are not allowed in the food and beverage outlets, health club, or pool areas of the hotel. Service animals are an exception to this policy.
- Dogs must be walked in designated areas.
- Any noise disturbance must be curtailed to ensure the comfort of other guests.
- Room attendants are not allowed to enter guest rooms with pets, unless the occupant is present. For your convenience, please call housekeeping to arrange a suitable time to have your room serviced.
Marina & Dockside Services
How do I book the marina and what services do they offer?
The Pointe Marina at Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau accommodates vessels up to 180 feet (55m) in length and offers a 45 slip full service deep water marina, easy clearance procedures and the highest level of professional service for all marina guests. Reservations for The Pointe Marina can be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What dockside services are offered?
- Complimentary WiFi
- 24-Hour Security
- Single & 3-Phase Power
- Sanitary Collection & Water Quality Control
- Daily Vessel Check-ins
- Complimentary Shower, Toilet & Token Laundry Facilities
- Bagged Ice & Bait Available
- Bahamas Customs & Immigration Clearance
- Daily VHF Channel 16 Monitoring
- Daily Mail & Newspaper Delivery
- On-site Cruising & Fishing Charters
What are the marina rates?
- Transient/Weekly - $4.25 per foot daily
- Monthly - $3.00 per foot daily
- Long Term 6+ Months - $2.00 per foot per day
- Electric Metered (KW/HR) - $0.70
- Water Metered (Gallon) - $0.25
- Waste Pump Out - Complimentary