Health and Sanitation
Enjoy a Safe and Secure Stay
At Margaritaville Beach Resort, we put a strong emphasis on the health and safety of our team members and guests, while we remain vigilant and respect and observe local, state, and federal guidelines, even as they change. This includes a requirement for all individuals to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces unless eating, while seated, or for anyone over the age of two (2) years. In the Bahamas, we have implemented the Clean & Pristine program making your visit a safe and worry-free experience!
Effective November 1, 2020, The Bahamas will require all travelers to:
- Obtain a negative COVID-19 RT PCR test five (5) days prior to arrival.
- Apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs (the cost here covers Travel Insurance and Day 5 Test)
- For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes. This will be emailed to you daily and consists of 5 simple questions.
- Take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on Day 5 of the visit. In addition, you will be required to have a negative test, no more than 3-days old, to return to the US. Meaning, if you stay longer than 8 nights, you will be needing to get (2) tests in the Bahamas (Day 5 + 3 days prior to departure).
In addition, beginning November 14, 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas. For more details, please review the Bahamas Travel & Entry protocols.
COVID Testing Center (across the street from Resort)
Bay Street Medical (can do “in person” or we will arrange for testing on property)
Hours of Operation: M-F 8am-6pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sun 1pm-5pm
Address: #19 Marlborough St., Nassau (across street from Margaritaville)
Contact: (242)326-5230 or WhatsApp at (242)464-4451
- Please note test results are typically provided in 3 hours or less (for Antigen test)
- The resort will provide the Antigen test on a complimentary basis, either at the Resort or at the Clinic.
- Our front desk staff will make all arrangements for your testing upon, or before, arrival to the Resort.
1. What is the protocol if a guest tests positive?
We will allow the guest to quarantine “on property” and will extend a discount of 50% for the remainder of your stay (for all Rooms in the party). We will treat this on a “case by case” scenario and take great care of the guests, as you would expect.
2. Can guests get tested on property?
Yes, we can arrange for all tests to be on property and can schedule upon your arrival. There is no cost to the guests for this enhanced service.
3. What is your cancellation policy now with COVID?
We have adjusted our cancellation policy to be up until “day of arrival” with no penalty, regardless of reason. Any deposits will be returned in full.
COVID 19-STATUS: CERTIFIED